Labourer, Operations (Student)
|Open Date||Jan 18 2019 - 03:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 18 2019 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Labourer, Operations (Student)||Posting Type||Non-Management|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal/Student|
|Department Group||Public Works, Operations||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Public Works Operations||Openings||8|
|Education||High School Diploma||Company||County of Peterborough|
|Location||Public Works – Douro Depot||Competition||NUG-05-19|
Estimated Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Salary Range/Effective Date: $14.21 - $15.63 effective January 1, 2019 (pending County Council approval)
Position Group: Non-Union
The Labourer, Operations (Student) position involves safely directing motor vehicles through work zones by setting up traffic protection plans and performing traffic control duties. The Labourer, Operations (Student) position will also perform general labourer duties, including grass cutting, sign maintenance, clearing debris on roadways, brushing, pot hole patching, guide rail repairs and other labour related duties as required. This position is required to work 40 hours per week (Monday to Thursday, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm). Some overtime may be required.
• Grade 12 education or enrolled in, just completing or planning to complete Post-Secondary education.
• Class “G” license – abstract required
• Must have reliable transportation to and from Douro Depot (713 County Road 4)
• Reliable and punctual work practice
• Must have CSA approved safety footwear
• In accordance with County policy, this position requires that you provide a Criminal Record Check that is acceptable to the County as a condition of employment.
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2017-01-01 - Labourer, Operations (Student).pdf