Civil Engineering Student
|Open Date||Jan 18 2019 - 03:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 18 2019 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Civil Engineering Student||Posting Type||Non-Management|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal/Student|
|Department Group||Public Works, Engineering & Design||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Public Works Engineering & Design||Openings||1|
|Education||High School Diploma||Company||County of Peterborough|
|Location||Public Works – Armour Road||Competition||NUG-06-19|
Estimated Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Salary Range/Effective Date: $15.63 - $17.20 effective January 1, 2019 (pending County Council approval)
Position Group: Non-Union
The Civil Engineering Students will assist with the design and contract administration of various road and bridge projects. Under the supervision of senior staff, students will assist with the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, construction inspection, surveying, traffic counts and collection of GPS data. This position is 40 hours per week Monday to Thursday, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm). Some overtime may be required.
• Enrolled in, just completing or planning to complete University or College - Civil Engineering Program;
• Class “G” licence - abstract required;
• Must have reliable transportation to Armour Road facility in Peterborough;
• Ability to work with others and independently;
• Ability to record and maintain accurate records;
• Ability to read and interpret engineering plans;
• Preference will be given to those with experience in any of the following: surveying, pre-engineering, contract inspection, traffic counts, GPS data collection or AutoCAD/Civil 3D;
• Strong awareness and knowledge of safety procedures;
• Reliable and punctual work practice;
• Must have CSA approved safety footwear;
• In accordance with County policy, this position requires that you provide a Criminal Record Check that is acceptable to the County as a condition of employment.
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2017-01-01 - Civil Enginnering (Student).pdf