Waste Management Operations Technician (Student)
|Open Date||Jan 18 2019 - 03:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 18 2019 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Waste Management Operations Technician (Student)||Posting Type||Non-Management|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal/Student|
|Department Group||Waste Management||Hours per Week||35-40|
|Department||Public Works Waste Management||Openings||6|
|Education||High School Diploma||Company||County of Peterborough|
|Location||Public Works – Armour Road||Competition||NUG-03-19|
Estimated Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Salary Range/Effective Date: $15.63 - $17.20 effective January 1, 2019 (pending County Council approval)
Position Group: Non-Union
The Waste Management Operations Technician (Student) position is primarily responsible for operating seasonal Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) depots, including receiving, sorting, packing and recordkeeping of HHW. This position also involves resident education/outreach, promoting all waste management programs offered by the County. This position is required to work 35-40 hours per week, including weekends, at various Transfer Station sites and other locations throughout the County.
• Currently enrolled in, just completing or planning to complete a degree or diploma in post-secondary education; course experience in Chemistry required
• Preference will be given to students studying Environmental Sciences, Waste Management or Marketing/Promotion.
• Class “G” Driver’s license – abstract required
• Previous experience working outdoors – exposure to all weather conditions and in a labour intensive environment
• Experience in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working with challenging inquiries from the public
• Must have CSA approved safety footwear
• In accordance with County Policy, a Criminal Record Check that is acceptable to the County will be required as a condition of employment.
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2019-01-15 - Waste Managemnet Attendant & Outreach JD.pdf