Mechanic's Assistant (Student)
|Open Date||Jan 18 2019 - 03:17:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 18 2019 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Mechanic's Assistant (Student)||Posting Type||Non-Management|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal/Student|
|Department Group||Public Works, Operations||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Public Works Operations||Openings||1|
|Education||High School Diploma||Company||County of Peterborough|
|Location||Public Works – Douro Depot||Competition||NUG-04-19|
Estimated Start Date: April 29th, 2019
Salary Range/Effective Date: $14.21 - $15.63 effective January 1, 2019 (pending County Council approval)
Position Group: Non-Union
The Mechanic’s Assistant (Student) works at the Douro Depot assisting with truck and heavy equipment maintenance. This position works 40 hours per week (Monday to Thursday, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm). Some overtime may be required.
• Enrolled in, just completing or planning to complete one of the following - Heavy Equipment Techniques Program, Automotive Technician, Motive Power Technician or related course.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent
• Class “G” license – abstract required
• Reliable transportation to Douro Depot (713 County Road 4)
• Reliable and punctual work practice
• Must have CSA approved safety footwear
• In accordance with County policy, this position requires that you provide a Criminal Record Check that is acceptable to the County as a condition of employment
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2019-01-15- Mechanic's Assistant (Student).pdf