|Open Date||Jan 13 2021 - 12:12:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 04 2021 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Mechanic||Posting Type||Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time Permanent|
|Department Group||Operations||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Location||Infrastructure Services – Douro Depot||Competition||1306-21-01|
|Salary Range||$33.43 - $33.68 (effective October 1, 2020)|
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range/Effective Date: $33.43 - $33.68 (effective October 1, 2020)
As a member of the Infrastructure Services Department, Operations Division and under the general guidance of the Operations Supervisor - Fleet, the Mechanic inspects, repairs and maintains the gas, diesel and propane powered equipment used by the Infrastructure Services Department. The Mechanic fabricates and/or orders necessary parts, ensures good working order of Infrastructure Services vehicles and mechanical equipment, provides technical guidance to others, and completes related administrative tasks. Operates vehicles, equipment and tools necessary to maintain County roads and bridges, and operates a snow plow in the winter as required.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Truck and Coach Technician (310T) 5 year mechanic apprenticeship from an accredited college; Automotive Service Technician or willingness to attain within agreed upon timeframe;
• 1-2 years previous experience in heavy equipment repair and maintenance;
• Experience in the operation of pneumatic tools to repair equipment;
• Ability to lift up to 22 kg;
• Propane Handler’s Certificate or ability to acquire;
• Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Card or ability to acquire;
• Valid D Class driver’s license with “Z” endorsement;
• Chainsaw Operators Safety Certificate or ability to acquire;
• As per County policy a criminal record check that is acceptable to the County is required.
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2019-03-15 -Mechanic job description - rev FINAL.pdf