|Open Date||Jan 18 2019 - 03:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 18 2019 - 12:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Lang Seasonal||Posting Type||Non-Management|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal/Student|
|Department Group||Lang Pioneer Village||Hours per Week||FT 25-30hrs; PT 12hrs (apx.)|
|Department||Lang Pioneer Village||Openings||18|
|Education||Other||Company||County of Peterborough|
|Location||Lang Pioneer Village, Keene||Competition||NUG-07-19|
Estimated Start Date: May 13, 2019
Salary Range/Effective Date: $14.21 – $16.17 effective January 1, 2019 (pending County Council approval)
Position Group: Non-Union
Seasonal positions may be required to perform various duties including but not limited to interpreting a number of different buildings, conducting guided tours of the entire village, demonstrations of domestic skills and crafts, cleaning of buildings/facilities and other tasks in support of Lang programming. The work involves assignment of unusual hours during busy summer season and for special events with the opportunity for part time extensions throughout the fall and winter seasons.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication Skills
• Willingness to wear a costume as required
• Knowledge or interest in local history
• Available to work weekends as well as flexibility to work extra hours as required
• Experience handling cash preferred
• Preference will be given to those with experience in carpentry and/or blacksmithing, cooking, sewing, gardening, retail
• Second language skill an asset
• Food handling certificate is an asset or willingness to take in house training
• Must have reliable transportation to the Village – no bus route available
• In accordance with County Policy, a Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the County will be required as a condition of employment.
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
Attachments2019-01-11 - Lang Seasonal Staff - Job Description.pdf